As a school, we have created curriculum documents which have been developed by the staff of Woodlands School for our pupils. We have worked hard to align the needs of our pupils with the skills of our staff, all under the umbrella of the New Curriculum for Wales and the Four Core Purposes.
We are all aiming to ensure our pupils become:
1. Ambitious, capable learners ready to learn throughout their lives.
2. Enterprising, creative contributors, ready to play a full part in life and work.
3. Ethical, informed citizens of Wales and the world.
4. Healthy, confident individuals, ready to lead fulfilling lives as valued members of society.
The booklets contains activities which are aligned to ‘What Matters Statements’ (WMS) from three AoLEs within the New Curriculum for Wales. Each of our topics will focus on a primary and secondary AoLE (Area of Learning Experience).
The 6 different Area of Learning Experiences:
1. Mathematics and Numeracy.
2. Language, Literacy and Communication.
3. Science and Technology.
5. Health & Wellbeing.
6. Expressive Arts.